Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A little bit about me...


My name is Laura and i am a graphic design major.
I am from Tagbilaran, Philippines
What i hope to do with my career is to do promotional videos for missionaries around the world.
my main inspiration would be from observations of every day life and from other artists who are excited about what they do.
I hope this class furthers my understanding about design and helps me explain why i design some of the things i design.
I've always found critiquing someone else's work hard because i know what its like to put so much energy into something that you don't want it to be critiqued.

This picture is of my family and they mean so much to me. As a missionary kid we moved in and out of different cultures and the only thing constant was my family so we are a very close family and thats why i value them.

This second picture is of orphans in Cambodia living with AIDS. I chose this picture because i have a heart for impoverished children in other countries especially orphans and after going on this trip i decided i wanted to be a missionary and help other missionaries show the world how they can help change these children's lives through video promotions.

No comments: